To acknowledge the work of dental assistants, Registered Dental Assistants (RDAs) and AMT will celebrate Dental Assistants Recognition Week (DARW) in early March!
Dental assistants provide a vital role in dental health care. To acknowledge and celebrate the hard work, training and importance of the dental assistant as part of the dental team, Registered Dental Assistants (RDAs) and AMT will celebrate Dental Assistants Recognition Week. You can join AMT in promoting and celebrating this special week in a variety of ways, from hosting events and activities to creating buzz in your local community.
Consider these ideas for promoting DARW:
- Call local hospitals, clinics, dental offices and schools in your community to see if they are planning any activities. Coordinating with others not only can provide you with ideas, but also make for a more effective celebration in the community.
- Reach out to a local newspaper, television or radio station with a press release that includes information about DARW, your organization’s name and contact information, and any events or activities you have planned.
- Involve your governor or mayor by sending a letter requesting proclamation for the week; a proclamation can also be coordinated with local media as news coverage.
- Post information on your website or provide information for your internal newsletter.
- Place banners, posters and other materials in high-traffic areas within your organization.
- Develop a short quiz, crossword puzzle or other game about dental assistants and award prizes to the winners.
- Visit local high schools and promote dental assisting as a career, or sponsor career information booths at schools, libraries or other public places.
- Sponsor local high school students to shadow a dental assistant for a day at work.
- Sponsor a food-related function, such as a picnic, potluck dinner, hot dog stand or ice cream social, or a team-oriented activity or sport, such as a volleyball or basketball game.
- Send flyers/brochures to the local community and to other dental providers.
- Take photos of the dental assistants you work with, students or other dental assistants in your local community to help promote the week or the profession in general.
Remember to take photos during your celebratory events and activities to mark the week and help with promotion next year. Email photos to AMT (email@example.com) and we’ll post them online.
For more ideas and tips to celebrate Dental Assistants Recognition Week, download the poster, flyer and promo kit.