American Medical Technologists continues to work towards making the certification process easy and responsive to the needs of educators and students. Below are just a few of the improvements that our schools and applicants can expect:
- SCHOOL RECOGNITION PROGRAM: In 2012, AMT began a new recognition program for its school partners. Once recognized, each school receives a display certificate and a full PR package to assist with promoting the partnership to others. The school also receives semiannual outcomes reports described below as well as regular communications from AMT. To sign up, simply mail or scan/email the attached form. (Download)
- OUTCOMES REPORTS: AMT has developed helpful reports that compare aggregate examinee performance for school graduates against a national benchmark. Detailed and summary statistics are available for both total score and content sub-areas of the examination. Program administrators report that this type of information is often helpful in identifying programmatic strengths and weaknesses. To request the reports, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- STUDENT MEMBERSHIP: In order to promote early student involvement, AMT is making its student membership FREE. The membership includes access to the student membership online forum. (Click Here). The student pin is sold separately for $5 or in bulk, purchased by a school official: (Click Here)
PRACTICE EXAMS: Now available – a new practice exam for medical assistants. This practice exam is online and is full-length to closely mimic the actual testing environment. For $30 ($25 for student members), applicants can test twice, each time with a new randomized set of questions. In addition, incorrect answers are given explanations and references to help the student re-learn the material. What a great confidence boost. School officials can receive a discount for purchasing the exams in bulk: (Click Here)
- FREE WEBINAR: Schools and students now have access to a FREE webinar entitled “AMT Certification Process” that outlines the benefits of certification and details the steps students go through when applying for certification and sitting for the exam. An archived version can be shown to students at any time. Also browse through the other webinars that might be of interest to your students. (Click Here)
- POSTERS: Brand new posters are available that highlight each certification specialty! Place them all around your campus to promote your programs. View the options (Download). Also available, a medical assistant task list poster (Download).
- ALLIED HEALTH CERTIFICATION: Program Directors and instructors can demonstrate their strong foundation built upon knowledge and training, as well as impress upon their students that certification is important by becoming a certified Allied Health Instructor (AHI). The best part is…no exam is necessary. To find out if you qualify: (Click Here)
MA STUDY RESOURCES: Now available – an online review course. This course reviews the key concepts medical assistants learn and use in their profession. It is a great review and preparation for the exam. Purchase all three modules or individual ones (Detailed information and pricing). Also available is a practice exam for medical assistants. This practice exam is online and is full-length to closely mimic the actual testing environment. For $30 ($25 for student members), applicants can test twice, each time with a new randomized set of questions. In addition, incorrect answers are given explanations and references to help the student re-learn the material. What a great confidence boost. School officials can receive a discount for purchasing the exams in bulk: (Click Here)
- OTHER RESOURCES: AMT knows that your school has a choice when it comes to certification agencies. However, not all are created equal. Below are a few resources that might be useful to you as you make your choice.
- Criteria for Choosing a Quality Certification Agency (Download)
- What's in a Name? Differences in Certification Designations (Download)