Successful certification for individuals ORIGINALLY certified after January 1, 2006 is based on two components:
1. Timely annual renewal payments AND
2. Compliance with CCP requirements every three years
If you have let either of these components lapse, and you originally certified after January 1, 2006, you will need to take one of the following actions in order to be considered certifed by AMT:
- Reinstate: If you have simply not paid your annual renewal payment(s) for one or more years, but are still within your 3 year CCP compliance period, you will need to reinstate your membership. Contact AMT to reinstate.
- Recertify: If you have not complied with your CCP requirements and/ or you are delinquent with your annual dues at the end of your CCP compliance period, your certification has lapsed. In this case, reinstatement is no longer an option...you will need to recertify by either successfully challenging an examination or demonstrating compliance with the Certification Continuation Program (CCP). The two recertification methods are further explained below.
Once you have met all the requirements for recertification (either by achieving a passing score on your examination or demonstrating compliance with (CCP), you will receive a new certificate and membership card and seal. Additionally, you will also once again receive all AMT member benefits, including publications. A new expiration date will be assigned. To maintain your certification, you will have to pay an annual fee and every three years demonstrate compliance with the Certification Continuation Program (CCP).
RECERTIFICATION BY COMPLIANCE WITH CCP:
If you wish to recertify via compliance with the Certification Continuation Program (CCP), you may do so by completing the Recertification Form. You will also need to demonstrate that you have kept current in your field through achieving the requisite number of Certification Continuation Program (CCP) points. You can either:
1. Complete the CCP Attestation Form and have it notarized by a notary public
2. Complete the CCP Attestation Form and send all relevant documentation that verifies your participation in the activities. For a list of acceptable documentation (Click here
The number of points needed to satisfy CCP requirements vary by certification type but can be attained through a variety of different avenues, including work experience. For more information on CCP (Click here)
Thus to recertify via CCP, complete both the Recertification Form and the CCP Attestation Form and send them, along with the applicable fee, and/or relevant documentation, to AMT.
Recertification by CCP Fee (includes annual renewal fee plus a $75 recertification fee)
MT/MLT/CLC – $165
RMA/CMAS/RDA/CMLA/RPT - $125
AHI - $105
Recertification Form (Download)
CCP Attestation Form (Download)
RECERTIFICATION BY EXAMINATION:
If you wish to recertify via examination, you may do so by completing the Recertification Application and submitting the form, along with the applicable fee, to AMT. Once an application is processed, you will then follow steps identical to the one followed at original examination time.
Recertification by Exam Fee (includes application fee plus a $75 recertification fee)
MT/MLT - $205
MT International - $240
RMA/CMAS/RDA/CMLA - $170
RPT – $158
Recertification Application (Download)
If your certification has lapsed longer than 5 years, but less than 10, you will IN ADDITION to the requirements listed above, need to submit proof of successfully completing a refresher course (live or online) specific for your area of specialty.
If your certification has lapsed longer than 10 years, you may ONLY recertify via examination.