Why is Certification Important?
Certification is becoming an important factor in the healthcare industry. More and more employers are looking at certification as a way to assess whether an individual possesses the skills and knowledge required for successful performance in a particular job role. Why are employers looking for this assurance? It’s because they want to hire the best qualified individual who will make a positive contribution to quality patient care.
By becoming certified in your field of expertise, and by maintaining your competency year after year, you are saying to your employer that you:
- Have met standards that have been established and verified by a third party organization.
- Are dedicated to maintaining quality in your work on a regular basis.
These are powerful statements that speak volumes about you as a professional. Certification indeed demonstrates to your employer, and to the public, that you are committed to your profession and that you want to continue to learn and grow.
- In addition to employers, certain state and federal laws also require certification in order to fully practice in the field.
- Studies have shown that individuals who are certified in their field have higher salaries and better promotion opportunities.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Should Certify with AMT
- Go For The Gold: The AMT credential is recognized nationally and internationally as a true mark of quality. Each certification exam is developed, administered and analyzed using the highest industry standards and state-of-the-art psychometric methodologies.
- Stand Out in a Crowd: Because AMT offers multiple but related certifications, you can more readily become certified in more than one specialty, making you more valuable and marketable in the field.
- Take It To Go: AMT certification is widely accepted at both national and state levels, making it transportable throughout the US.
- Get a ‘Two-fer’: Once certified by AMT, you automatically become a member of the 60,000+ strong AMT organization and gain access to a multitude of benefits, including deep discounts on continuing education, leadership opportunities, and a career center to help you get ahead.
- Say “That Was Easy”: AMT certification maintenance requirements are simple and no-nonsense. There are many ways to meet ongoing certification requirements. Additionally, AMT doesn’t designate how or from whom you must obtain your continuing education.
5 Indisputable Facts about RMA Certifcation (Link)