Greetings TRI-STATE Members!
Welcome to the TRI-STATE website. This website will be used to keep you informed of activity in the state of Connecticut, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. Our Mission is to promote the American Medical Technologists (AMT), within the TRI State area.
It has been a pleasure continuing the Presidency role along with our officers and members for 2015. I have hopes of a wonderful 2016 ahead.
Our Annual Fall Scientific meeting was held September 26, in West Harford, CT and for those who attended I thank you very much. For those who did not we missed you and hope to see you next year. Thank you to American Institute for allowing us to use your school for our meeting. Our speakers were wonderful! Please read our newsletter for the details of the meeting.
Incidentally, the AMT has announced next year’s meeting so mark your calendars and plan to join next year; July 18-22, 2016 in Memphis, TN at The Peabody Memphis: Home of the Blues and Birthplace of Rock ‘n Roll. The flyer with more information is posted on the AMT website. We are all looking forward to growing the TRI-STATE Society membership.
If you are presently a member, please make sure that your information remains current with AMT. This will enable you to receive the most up to date information and news concerning continuing educational opportunities and society meetings. We invite you to become an active member of TRISTATE. Please visit our site regularly; the website will include:
- Notices for meetings and educational opportunities.
- The annual education session is held in the fall
- The annual business meeting is
held in the spring, which is open to all members. I encourage all
members to attend this meeting and become involved in the organization.
- Our leadership page lists our officers, members of our Board of Directors and our District Councilor.
- The Board of Directors conducts bi-annual meetings in the spring and the fall.
- The newsletter will be posted in June and in December. We encourage you to take time to read the publications. All members are invited to submit articles. See our contest.
- If you have written an article
pertaining to the profession and you would like to submit, please
forward them to our newsletter editor. They will be reviewed and
In closing, our officers and I would like to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year, with hopes that all your dreams come true in 2016!
Please feel free to contact us at any time with any ideas and interests for the upcoming calendar year. We will be happy to hear from you!
Phyllis Nordby, RMA
TRI-STATE Society, President