The American Medical Technologists 78th Educational Program and National Meeting was held in Memphis, TN at the Peabody Hotel on July 17-21, 2016. Just as always, everything was outstanding and the AMT Staff, AMT Home Office and everyone who help to put this great conference together, did an excellent job.
I arrived at the AMT Convention on Sunday, July 17th and after registration, I attended the following sessions:
- Workshop C – CPR Training
- Moderators Briefing
- Opening Ceremony – Welcome and Chet Dziekonksi Keynote Address
- Assessing Signs & Symptoms of Nutrient Deficiencies
- How To Make Your State Society the Best It Can Be
- Help Me Get Through This Meeting
- Understanding Different Personality & Communication Styles
- Allied Health Professionals Testifying as Trial Witness
- Pre-Analytical Assessment
- Classification, Diagnosis & Monitoring Diabetes
- Emerging Infectious Diseases of the 21st Century
- Thinking Critically about Critical Thinking
During the conference, it was a privilege for me to credential delegates, serve as a moderator, and as a member of the Future Planning/Membership Committee meeting. I also attended the State Presidents AMT District Leadership forum session. On Monday, I took part in the American Kidney Fund Celebration Walk and Welcome Party.
There were no AMT Resolutions presented this year, however, we did get the opportunity to meet candidates seeking election to the board. The AMT Award Banquet and Convocation were great. Eva Jones and Anne Smith received the Distinguished Achievement Award. We also received the Honor Roll State Society Award as well.
I would like to thank the MS Board of Directors for allowing me to service as your State President.
Cecil Hunt, MT(AMT)